Friday, August 18, 2006

Shallow Breaths, Tense Muscles

I feel near the brink of a burnout today.

My breaths have become shallow and I can feel my major muscle groups tense and ache. I have been terribly busy this week. After work, I had to rush to our local church for our three-night activity. I have a handful of deadlines at work and a pinch of additional duties at church.

Needless to say, I have often felt stressed this week. My current tired feeling may be a result of the accumulated demands on my energies and frayed nerves.

I really need a break. The Sabbath is coming and I really pray for a restful day in church with my family. Additional tasks for church projects, however, sometimes rob me of the blessings of the Sabbath. I fear it would be less than a delight. I hope not.

Oh, how I long for a full-body massage or a dip in a cold pool of water! A warm hug will also do.